Monday, November 3, 2008

Welcome!

Hey everyone, just wanted to give you a quick background of me and what you can expect from this blog.

When you access this blog, you are going to be receiving information on everything relating to the Miami Hurricanes. The writers of this blog don't claim to be super-insiders, reporters, or even serious journalists. but we do hear things from time to time. But be sure of this, we know the Miami Hurricanes inside and out.

As far as me,

You can call me DJP... I have been a Miami Hurricanes fan since 1998. I grew up in Minneapolis, Minnesota, but my dad is and has been a monster Cane fan since they came to national prominence. My dad took me to the Miami-UCLA game in which the Canes upset UCLA on Edgerrin James' record breaking day in 1998. Ever since I experienced that game, I have been hooked.

The smoke. Sebastian. The swagger. Melvin Bratton calling Brian Bosworth's hotel room (This is Melvin Fuckin' Bratton). Fatigues. Ken Dorsey. Sean Taylor in the Rain Game. Green and orange. The premier college football program in the nation since 1983. First round picks. Innovation of college football. Jimmy Johnson going for 2 against ND. 3rd and 43. 1993 Cotton Bowl. Thrill Hill. Russell Maryland.

Those are just a few of the many things that I love about the Miami Hurricanes.

It is not only about the success, but the struggles. For years, Miami has gone through obstacle after obstacle but still always seems to come out on top. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks or says in the media -- Miami will always be a part of college football. People hate the Canes. But why? Is it jealousy? Is it they way Canes carry themselves? Who really knows?

But the best part about all of that, is that nobody who is associated with the University of Miami Hurricanes gives a flying fuck about what people think.

It's a 'Canes thing, you wouldn't understand.

1 comment:

  1. And Lamar Thomas streaking down the sideline past Clifton Abraham! He said hello baby and goodbye baby! And don't forget Michael Barrow lighting Vanover the fuck up! And telling em, if you wanna go to a girl's school, then lay there like a bitch.

    ReplyDelete